[RUMOR] - SM mistreating artists ? YooChun hospitalised cuz of fatigue

rdbsk
    Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Number of posts : 198
    Smiling points : 296

[RUMOR] - SM mistreating artists ? YooChun hospitalised cuz of fatigue

Post by rdbsk on Sun 15 Mar - 10:30

Okay - here's how the whole story goes... Lee Soo Man is the head producer - he's basically in charge of everything that goes on in SM... (SM used to stand for Soo Man but it's something else now..I forget...Star something...) He's like..completely horrible!

I mean, personally, I have nothing against SM the label, it's more like..the people who run it.

There's a saying in Korea that states: "If you don't make it with SM then you can't make it anywhere." It's actually half true. The reason Shinhwa broke away from SM is that they couldn't stand not being able to participate in recording their album (like writing songs, being more active in the whole process, not being controlled), and the only reason why they're still doing fine is that their fanbase is HUGE and the fans are VERY supportive of their split from SM. Shinhwa was fed up with their songs being controlled, and fed up with being hit and bullied by SM managers. -__-;;

As for HOT not getting back together, it's really crappy. Moon HeeJun from HOT went solo, as you may know, and after his first album, they withdrew funding from him and decided to focus on the "hotter, newer stars" like DBSK and BoA.
    Basically, when you get old/get less popular in SM, they just leave you to rot. They'll discard you like an old sock.

SM controls your life - when you sign on, you're basically signing away your soul. When DBSK was first formed, Soo Man gave the order to put the boys on a water diet (they basically starved the boys to the extreme) to make their faces slimmer so that they look better in pictures. They often try to get artists to get plastic surgery in order to boost their appearances. No joke. SM goes for looks first, then talent. (They got lucky with DBSK - looks AND talent.)

Rumor has it (and I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed, at least, according to my sources...) that SM hits/beats their artists whenever they make a mistake, and often they are driven to sickness by exhaustion and fatigue. Remember when Micky/Yoochun was in the hospital with apendicitis? Yah..there you go...

When the whole scare that DBSK was going to be rotated came around (meaning winter-spring time this year), did you see the members cry at the perf.s and such? Well, I believe they were screamed at, then hit around, and they were banned from going to any press conferences. They were split up (put into different rooms and such) and they weren't allowed to discuss anything regarding it. I believe if they were going to rotate, they had announced that Jaejoong and Yoochun would be the first to leave because they "cause so much trouble".

If the fans did not stage the boycott of SM goods, I believe they really would have rotated DBSK. Plus the fact that Changmin is still a minor and their parents can still sue SM under their contract.

So...if SM is so horrible..why would you sign on under it?

Because, it gives you FAME. SM is RUTHLESS when it comes to making it to the top, and you are almost guaranteed some sort of fame. Secondly, THEY PAY FOR YOUR COLLEGE. They give you all these opportunities that are probably pretty good.

...I believe (I remember reading this) an average SM group like DBSK makes around 3 CENTS or something per album/single they sell. That split 5 ways is less than 1 cent per member. Yah - in the end, it may add up, but really, SM just sucks out the profit. It's a money making machine in the entertainment business. SOO MAN TAKES MOST OF THE PROFITS HIMSELF - HE IS LIKE...ONE OF THE RICHEST MEN IN KOREA.

Basically...Lee Soo Man is running this company that controls everything that goes on in their artists' lives. Although he's NOT THE PRESIDENT, he has the MOST POWER. Don't ask me how that works...I'm not sure... -__-;;; Even the president resigned this year due to everything that's been going on. Basically...I CAN'T STAND LEE SOO MAN. He deserves...really bad things to happen to him. -__-;;;

-->what do they mean about Hiro and Micky causing trouble?? are they rebellious towards the company?? and if so, who wouldn't be...
    Jaejoong/Hero/Hiro: They have fanmeetings/signings yah? Well, apparently there were instances where there were LONG lines to meet DBSK. There were instances where there are 5 separate lines - one for each member. Well, one time, there was NO ONE in JAEJOONG'S LINE (T_T awww...I so would have gone in that line if I saw that!) and the managers who were coordinating the event were like..to fans in the other lines.. "do you want to get into this line?" and they would be like...NO! (GOSH! THEY'RE SO MEAN/RUDE! T_T) And it made Jaejoong really sad. The other members encouraged fans to get into Jaejoong's line, but apparently it didn't work. SM was beginning to believe Jaejoong was getting less popular, so they wanted him to work on other projects first - as a result.

Yoochun/Micky: ...I don't know if you noticed this, but around the time they were announcing the rotation, he began to cry/breaking down during performances (which, I heard, he got hit for T_T) and in SM's words... "causing trouble". Therefore, they wanted to remove him from DBSK first also.

Yes - I agree - I would be rebellious too..except..you get punished for doing so...like..being starved and getting beaten. -___-;;

Side note: I'd say SM's biggest "rival" company is YG Entertainment - which manages artists such as Se7en, 1TYM, Taebin, etc. I dunno - just my opinion. Hence, the whole...Se7en's in Japan! DBSK must be in Japan too! thing...

SM claimed that the 2nd H.O.T. was blackbeat, but after their failure
    they tried once again, and that group is DBSK

Silently leading the group with wit and talent, YoungWoong JaeJoong.
    He is like MoonHeeJun.

Leader in dance, with the aura of a tough guy, but sometimes very cute, UKnowYunHo.
    He is like JangWooHyuk.

Lived in the states, and able to speak English, very charismatic and outgoing, MickyYooChun.
    He is like Tony.

With looks that can be looked as almost femine, and the image where you want to take care of him, ChoiKangChangMin.
    He is like Kangta.

Looks that can be looked as average, but the type of person that the more you see the more you like, XiahJunSu.
    He is like LeeJaeWon.

Two group that really have a lot in common, DBSK and H.O.T.
    Maybe that's why, but we H.O.T. fans are genuinely scared that
    the DBSK fans will have to face the hurt and dissapointing ordeals we had to go through.
    Especially because all of you are so young.

Cassiopia fans...

SM is honestly a dangerous place.
    As you like DBSK more I am sure that your hatred for SM will only grow

The first time H.O.T. began to get battered by LeeSooMan was during the beginning of their 3rd album
    I'm not sure if you heard their 2nd album song, "Heng Bok"
    That is the song H.O.T. received the DaeSang award,
    and the album after that for every little mistake, they were hurt.

At that time, I believed that no matter what, it was merely just rumors
    Slowly, everything I believed were rumors, were slowly turning into realities

By any chance do you know of Andy of ShinHwa's incident?
    For awhile he was on stage wearing a mask wasnt he?
    SM said some unbelievable stuff saying that he ran into something
    or that JunJin fell while taking a shower.

Everyone continously told us different thigns.
    The important factor is that they ran into something or fell,
    but why was only his mouth hurt? How come there were no signs of anything near their forehead or nose or any other facial part?

A few days before, Andy went into the SM building, and when he came out
    he was wearing a mask, which many fans noticed.
    Honestly, at that time I didn't believe it.

After JTL left SM, even after they released their album,
    they weren't able to properly perform for a good 2 years.

Their schedules continously got mysteriously cancelled,
    and on cable t.v. their music video was not even showed ONCE.

That wast the famous SM-JTL boycott.
    Boycott...

SM went to every television company and threatened that
    in the case they brought JTL onto their broadcasting list, SM would pull out all their singers from that company

Many fans called JTL's company "YeJun Media" and asked what was happening,
    but even from there they did not know.

This is a famous event,
    It was when MoonHeeJun's 2nd album was supposed to come out

Fans were sleeping in front of HeeJun's house,
    when HeeJun's mother came out and began to cry like no tomorrow.

She was begging to the fans to save HeeJun...
    "Please save my HeeJun..."

HeeJun's first album sold 600,000 copies.
    But SM said, "Merely 600,000?!"

They said they didn't want to invest in his 2nd album.
    So for HeeJun's 2nd album, his music video, and jacket pictures...
    he poured out his own money and savings.

Everyone.
    Buy their album. That is helping DBSk.

Whenever H.O.T albums came out, we fans bought AT LEAST 2 copies.
    That's the only reason whenever a new album came out they were able to surpass 1 million album sales.

And for that fact only...
    thats the only reason the members were able to collect a little bit of money.

H.O.T. boys...
    for every album they received approximiately 2 cents.

After Boa released her first alubm,
    she received 50 cents per album.

For five people if it's 2 cent, that means its not even a quarter cent per person.

Then you might ask...

"What about the commercials and photo albums, and all the other side things H.O.T did?"

To keep it simple,
    the only money H.O.T members make is through album sales.

Any commercials, and any shows, anything,
    all that money goes to SM.
    So its basically an unjust contract, a slave contract.

We heard that the contract between DBSK and SM is immense,
    but thats not always a good thing.

When one leaves SM you must pay a fee that is much higher htan the contract,
    and basically its to stop singers from leaving
    Not only that they will take out a percentage of one's profits if one leaves.

Do you think the term "slave contract" came out of nowhere??
    DBSK right now...they are probably having a really hard time.

Do you all know this?
    The president of SM isn't LeeSooMan but, KimKyungWook.

To put it in lamen terms...

Although on paper KimKyungWook is the president,
    the person that makes all the decisions is LeeSooMan.

The reason,

SM has done a lot of illegal things.
    And if those acts are caught, someone needs to be blamed.

So LeeSooMan screws up,
    and KimKyungWook takes the blame.

If you look at it KimKyungWoo is a slave too. An SM slave.

H.O.T.'s old manager is currently working for a very famous company.

That person once said that H.O.T. are kids he truely feels sorry for,
    and so they were kids that he wanted to save.

That person tried to take H.O.T. out of SM, but got caught by LeeSooMan
    and was immediately fired. Right now he is working at SIDUS and is producing the group G.O.D.

That is the reason LeeSooMan hates G.O.D. so much.
    So much to the point that any radio show SM singers host,
    he makes it clear he doesnt want to hear them putting on G.O.D. songs.

Even though slave contract, unjust contracts are against the law,
    LeeSooMan is living quite fine.

He is truely a rich man. Someone with so much money it is unbelievable.
    Although he waste a lot of money, he always has more.

We raised SM
    and then we were stepped on by SM and died.

All the money that came in from H.O.T was invested into BoA
    and all the money they invested in BoA is being currently reearned.

But now H.O.T memebers have encountered so many scars,
    and they are slowly being forgotten by people.

Along with Club H.O.T who set records as a fan club.

We all are being forogtten by people.

All of you will get older with DBSK.
    We were the same.

We used to say that "we're aging together,"
    and these days those words sound so sad

As time goes feelings will be stronger,
    and we sincerely hope that DBSK doesn't endure the same scars from SM, as H.O.T. had.
    Don't take the same hurt as we did.

Within DBSK, create an awesome fan culture.

With every childless statement, the fan image is slowly ruined.

Become fans that think about what you say,
    when announcing you are their fans.

Don't ever be faltered by any rumors, and always trust the member.
    Singers will never betray their fans.

Please don't do things that they dont like.
    You shouldn't ever make your favorite singer feel disappointedi n you.

If you are going to believe this and that, or just move on to someone else,
    then don't like them from the start.
    It will only be scars upon that singer/group.

As you grow older, even if you find a boyfriend
    don't ever forget that you are DBSK fans.

At first it may just be a fantasy for you
    but as time passes and as you grow older
    you will realize that they mean a lot more to you than you know

In your heart, you will never forget your younger days
    when you were their fans...

please make sure it is only memories that you will not regret... "

SM Entertainment is a cruel place to us! T_T DBSK gets beaten.

okay .. that was third party news ... I personally know a SM trainee (whom obviously I'll not name cuz
    1. Duh, Confidentiality
    2. Shez only a trainee, I dont want her ass gettin kicked )

Well, she said dat her manager starves her, purposefully ... and also she has been made to undergo plastic surgery ..
    So I guess I wud belive the stuff in the article
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1385
    Smiling points : 1861

Re: [RUMOR] - SM mistreating artists ? YooChun hospitalised cuz of fatigue

Post by huongle on Sun 15 Mar - 11:31

OMFG Shocked

I actually heard similar rumours before, like why Jaejoong kept getting into accidents during the Rising sun period, and there was also a masked man dancing in his place. I heard things saying that Lee Soo Man was hitting them badly. Well, but i didn't believe coz they were still popular idols, a smart guy like Lee Soo Man wouldn't want to cause troubles to their schedules by leaving scars in their faces, rite ?

And whenever i watch DBSK receive awards, they always say thank you to Lee Soo Man aka, "their father" in such an honest way, so i just don't question.

Idk, i will not believe until it is confirmed 100%. But thank you Rafi for posting this, i felt so sad reading it Sad

Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Post by rdbsk on Sun 15 Mar - 11:36

Huong, my trainee friend in SM has undergone the same treatment... she was forced to do plastic surgery, and was put on STRICT diet ... hell dey even made her close her facebiik account !!
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by huongle on Sun 15 Mar - 11:39

But does that mean Lee Soo Man is the big bad guy ? And even if he was, did he really hit the boys ;__; ?

Poor your friend, i guess she didn't know about this before entering ?

Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Post by rdbsk on Sun 15 Mar - 11:45

huongle wrote:But does that mean Lee Soo Man is the big bad guy ? And even if he was, did he really hit the boys ;__; ?

Poor your friend, i guess she didn't know about this before entering ?

naaah, on the contrary, i think she knew wat she was up for ..but them SM means instant fame.. so I guess ppl put up wif shit for the sake of it
    ♥SarangYooChun.

Number of posts : 100
    Smiling points : 129

Post by ♥SarangYooChun. on Sun 15 Mar - 13:03

Dood, I refused to belive all this bull before you mentioned that you know a trainee that's been through most of this > <;;;

Dang, I'm scared of the entertianment industry in Asia now...actually, all entertainment industries - worldwide. First we have Jang JaYeon who committed suicide because she was beaten up physically and was forced to sleep with a PD - if that's possible, it makes this sound possible as well.

Heck, screw my dream of being an SM trainee or composer for them D:
    Though, it would be awesome if I could somehow become a staff there to see for myself. Take some photo and video evidence of this and share it to the world. Then maybe all this would stop.

Just reading this article again knowing that there is a highly possible chance of it happening makes my heart hurt TT TT

I already knew about the terrible diets and plastic surgery they have to go through. Not the abuse...
    Koreans take advantage of their cheap plastic surgery too much!
    chunnified
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Number of posts : 207
    Smiling points : 219

Post by chunnified on Sun 15 Mar - 13:15

damn, you know how many times ive read threads like this ?
    i dont know what to believe and what not to believe.
    sm seems so scary yet sometimes it can be seen as a beautiful place because of the people signing under it.
    however, i read the replies to this thread and some of the members said that they knew trainees that also endured the same kind of treatment ?
    ahh, for now, i cant do anything.
    but im sure, that only time will tell.

thanks for sharing.
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by huongle on Mon 16 Mar - 4:04

rdbsk wrote:
    ...I believe (I remember reading this) an average SM group like DBSK makes around 3 CENTS or something per album/single they sell. That split 5 ways is less than 1 cent per member. Yah - in the end, it may add up, but really, SM just sucks out the profit. It's a money making machine in the entertainment business. SOO MAN TAKES MOST OF THE PROFITS HIMSELF - HE IS LIKE...ONE OF THE RICHEST MEN IN KOREA.

BTW, this part is the most unbelievable to me. If they only earned 3 cents per single/album, Yoochun wouldn't be able to buy a GRAND HOUSE and 3 CARS lol!

Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Post by rdbsk on Mon 16 Mar - 6:57

huongle wrote:
    rdbsk wrote:

BTW, this part is the most unbelievable to me. If they only earned 3 cents per single/album, Yoochun wouldn't be able to buy a GRAND HOUSE and 3 CARS lol!

hehhe, that from the article..lol..not my opinion...BESIDES.. God Almighty knows HOW MANY copies of the albums dey sell ! (3 cent + 3 cent) X infinty = YooChun's House + Cars lol!
    Bichan
    Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Number of posts : 111
    Smiling points : 111

Post by Bichan on Mon 16 Mar - 12:49

Shocked
    ...ogm unbelievable , i hate this kind of things, really...
    and i'm not able to explain what really think (my english sucks)

i'm angry, surprised and disappointed
    nanadnakatsu
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Number of posts : 378
    Smiling points : 260

Post by nanadnakatsu on Tue 17 Mar - 0:17

DAMN, I JUST TOLD MY FRIEND TO GET INTO THE SM GLOBAL AUDITION BECAUSE HIS VOICE IS SOOOO ANGELIC. AND SM BRINGS FAME TO EVERYBODY. NOW I'M DOUBTING.

I've heard of this thing a lot, and I dunno whether to believe in it. But I'm sure at least half of that is true, but there were somehow pros and cons in that. In the process of them getting tortured and everything, they become really hardworking, strong people, and famous too, while still maintaining their humility and respect to other people. I've never seen such a world famous group being so respective to others. And we should know that they really love each other and would stick for each other's ass if something bad happened. JJ y'know that guy, he loves the members too much, sin't he? And all of the members too!

Rest assured, I've heard and I've read somewhere that Dong Bang already bought the shares in SM, I dunno how much but it's pretty large. They're smart, and don't be surprised if they're the one leading SM some day.
    rdbsk
    Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Post by rdbsk on Tue 17 Mar - 1:17

U know what Nana .. i think ur ryt.. all the tuff grind and mistreatment made our boys even stronger .. I think ur friend shud go ahead wid the audition and not be detterred by such articles.. cuz nothing comes widout a price ryt ?
    nanadnakatsu
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Post by nanadnakatsu on Tue 17 Mar - 1:34

I agree with you, and thank you for that Rafi, I'll tell him that and explain to him the consequences. Since the trainees have to pay for their living expense themselves, he should be well aware of this before he went, because I'm sure, they'd see his talent. If he gets through, living in Korea by himself should be tough.

Does anyone know, if JE treats their boys the same way as SM?
    rdbsk
    Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Post by rdbsk on Tue 17 Mar - 1:56

nanadnakatsu wrote:I agree with you, and thank you for that Rafi, I'll tell him that and explain to him the consequences. Since the trainees have to pay for their living expense themselves, he should be well aware of this before he went, because I'm sure, they'd see his talent. If he gets through, living in Korea by himself should be tough.

Does anyone know, if JE treats their boys the same way as SM?

Nope, I dunno anybody at JE Sad .. I'm busy thankin my stars that i know SOMEBODY at SM lol
    cottonpops
    Global moderator
    Global moderator

Number of posts : 465
    Smiling points : 934

Post by cottonpops on Tue 17 Mar - 10:07

It's pretty hard for me to believe this. Despite the bad remarks I heard about Lee Soo Man, I actually like him. Plus I hate all the comparing and stuff. Why can't anybody let the entertainment companies be left alone?

Well it's heartbreaking to know that our beloved artists were actually abused. Even though the methods SM managers used are extreme, perhaps they did it for a reason (though I don't agree with the methods) This article/rumor is exaggerated, my opinion.

huongle wrote:And whenever i watch DBSK receive awards, they always say thank you to Lee Soo Man aka, "their father" in such an honest way, so i just don't question.
    Ditto, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    mickybabysusu
    Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Number of posts : 160
    Smiling points : 214

Post by mickybabysusu on Wed 18 Mar - 13:12

owhh... this article has been circulating since afew yrs ago hasn't it?
    i rmmber reading about it afew yrs ago... i was quite horrified actually and spent months silently cursing lee soo man lol. but then i started thinking, and realised that it sounds quite unbelievable...
    and then you said you know someone in sm who admits to being starved and everything... pale
    i think the company is basically strict with their artists to keep them in top-notch, but don't you think that the article may be a tad bit exaggerated? i mean, abusing their stars, the company can get into trouble too, no? idk, just my opinion i sposse. i guess until i see it with my own eyes or the dongband boys say it themselves *which i doubt*, i'll have a leeetle doubt abt it.
    but thanks 4sharin all the same. makes us cherish the boys more, knowing all the hardships they go through. ^.^
    yourlover
    Mickey level 3
    Mickey level 3

Number of posts : 67

Post by yourlover on Mon 30 Mar - 6:30

Omg ! I just couldnt believe this.
    how could LeeSooMan abuse the famous dbsk ?

Sad heartbreaking
    yourlover
    Mickey level 3
    Mickey level 3

Post by yourlover on Mon 30 Mar - 6:32

Nowonder there been so many news that korean singer or actor suicide .
    Now .. i Understand why .

No
    nanadnakatsu
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Post by nanadnakatsu on Mon 30 Mar - 7:49

yourlover wrote:Nowonder there been so many news that korean singer or actor suicide .
    Now .. i Understand why .

No

I agree. Company abuse could be one major factor for that, but mostly all suicide cases are caused by the backlash of the netizens and another, debt.

The entertainment world+fans there are really serious about their artists, so it's not shocking really if they have world famous celebrities and high rate of celebrity suicides.

That's why they're up there and we're here I supposed. They're just that hardworking Smile
    Chun_4ever
    Mickey level 1
    Mickey level 1

Number of posts : 6
    Smiling points : 6

Post by Chun_4ever on Mon 30 Mar - 10:48

>.<
    Honestly, I don't know if I believe this...
    I don't think SM would use physical abuse on their artists, but more like "silent" abuse, as in making them go on a diet/plastic surgery etc...

But we also have to look on the other side, most of those people: members of H.O.T., the members of DSBK, had nothing to begin with. They would live really poor lives, facing a lot of hardships. Which is probably why they worship Lee SooMan so much! I mean, if you think about it, that guy provided them with food/clothes/place to stay, EVEN if he makes them work like crazy...
    And sure they might not be earning as much money as they should be making, but hey! Yoochun's got 3 cars and bought a house for his family! Which shows me that for them, it's probably more than enough money.

Also, they might have used that kind of abuse in the "older days" but I think that just caused them lots of trouble and whatnot. All those rumours about them getting hit etc...; probably just brought a lot of attention to them and that would probably just waste a lot of time for them...

Therefore, I do believe that they force their artist to do things as lose weight (heck, look at Shin Dong!) get plastic surgery (JJ) but I don't know about the physical abuse...
    nanadnakatsu
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Post by nanadnakatsu on Mon 30 Mar - 10:58

Chun_4ever wrote:

Therefore, I do believe that they force their artist to do things as lose weight (heck, look at Shin Dong!) get plastic surgery (JJ) but I don't know about the physical abuse...

JJ HAD PLASTIC SURGERY?! HE DID? Oh idk that, are you sure? he seemed just like his old self? study
    Chun_4ever
    Mickey level 1
    Mickey level 1

Post by Chun_4ever on Mon 30 Mar - 19:34

[quote="nanadnakatsu"

JJ HAD PLASTIC SURGERY?! HE DID? Oh idk that, are you sure? he seemed just like his old self? study[/quote]

lol yes he did!
    He got his double eyelids removed; plastic surgery on his eyes.
    and I think there was something about either his nose or mouth done? I'm not too sure about that one!
    yourlover
    Mickey level 3
    Mickey level 3

Post by yourlover on Mon 30 Mar - 23:32

huh really?
    i thought its nature.
    how about yoochun ?
    did he do any plastic surgery before??
    Chun_4ever
    Mickey level 1
    Mickey level 1

Post by Chun_4ever on Thu 2 Apr - 12:06

yourlover wrote:huh really?
    i thought its nature.
    how about yoochun ?
    did he do any plastic surgery before??

I don't think so. Nope.
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by huongle on Thu 2 Apr - 12:30

I guess not lol!

Okay just j/k. Anyone can look extremely good/bad in different situations XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Feb - 15:09